HOW TO INSTALL XPORT SOFTWARE
If the installer does not launch immediately, go to your Downloads folder. Look for Xport.Client.application, double-click and Xport will start downloading automatically.
The current version of Xport is 3.3.11054.1082, released Thu, Jul 19 2018 @ 10:27pm.
Xport is a free software download for our current customers. Install and use it on as many computers as you want (including your computer at home). All you’ll need is your username and password. If you’re not a customer, but would like to learn more about Xport and what else we can do for you, sign-up for one of our weekly online demos.
We designed Xport to be easy to install and easy to use. This means you won’t have to run any software installers or enter any Administrator passwords into your computer. And best of all, when we release a new version of Xport, you’ll get the latest features automatically. It couldn’t be easier.
If you’re curious about the technology we’re using to do this, please take a look at the technical details.
System Recommendation and Requirements
Xport has two main requirements:
- A computer running a supported version of Microsoft Windows – Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 (Service Pack 1)
- The Microsoft .NET Frameworks 4.5 or higher installed on your PC (most newer computers should have these installed by default)
The easiest way to make sure you’re running the latest Service Pack of your version of Windows and have the .NET Frameworks installed is to run Windows Updates. This will check your computer for missing updates, and allow you to download important bug fixes and security patches.
Note: To check if your computer is missing any of the .NET Frameworks, you will need to choose to view the Optional updates instead of the Critical updates that are shown by default. If you are missing one or more of the .NET Frameworks, install it/them, reboot, then visit Windows updates again. There will likely be newer security fixes available after the frameworks are installed.
We use a Microsoft technology called ClickOnce to deploy and install Xport to your computer. This offers three main benefits to you:
- Updates to Xport are automatically detected, downloaded, and installed when you launch the program with no work on your part. You’ll always be using the most current version.
- Because ClickOnce applications are installed per-user within their profile, Windows administrator privileges are not required. This means anyone can download and install Xport without contacting their IT department.
- ClickOnce applications are sandboxed by Windows, which means they can’t interfere with any of the other programs on your computer.
ClickOnce applications are not officially supported by Microsoft in Citrix or Terminal Services environments. So while you are free to try running Xport in those configurations, we are unable to provide support or assistance. We recommend deploying the Xport.Client.application manifest file to your users, which they can then use to download Xport to their Windows user account.
Computers running Xport require access to the following server addresses:
If your company requires that URLs be whitelisted before you can use them, please provide your IT department with those two addresses.